Our History


Camozzi has its origins in 1964, when three brothers Attilio, Luigi and Geromino Camozzi began manufacturing components for industrial automation from their small village in Lumezzane, Northern Italy.

Since its incorporation the Camozzi Group has enjoyed substantial growth through acquiring companies rooted in the historical industrial landscape both at a national and international level, leading to the creation of the  current 4 divisions:

Automation: Since the founding of Camozzi Italy in 1964, the first branch set up was in Germany in 1980, since then over 21 sales and manufacturing offices have been established worldwide.

Machine Tools: The Innse company was founded in 1887 and named Franchi after its founders. The Berardi company was founded in 1926. The acquisition of Innse in 1998 follows Berardi's acquisition by the Camozzi Group in 1997. Following a general restructuring of these companies the two merged in 1999 to form the current Innse Berardi SpA. In 2003 Camozzi acquired Ingersoll Inc, an American company established in 1887.

Textile Machinery: Marzoli Machines Textile (former Marzoli Spa) is one of the oldest Italian companies in the textile industry, founded in 1851. It was acquired by the Camozzi Group in 1999 along with Vouk, a company acquired by Marzoli Spa in 1998, thus becoming the only company capable of producing the entire line of machines for spinning cotton.

Camozzi Industrial Solutions Provider: founded in 2010, Camozzi Industrial Solutions Provider includes seven Italian companies specialized in processing raw materials and machining.

Campress (forging brass) joined the Group in 1980,

Camcasting (aluminum casting) formerly known as Fab, in 1995,

Plastibenaco (plastic molding) in 1994, Newton

Officine Meccaniche (heavy metal processing) in 2001,

Innse Milano (heavy machinery) in 2009

Camozzi Manufacturing srl (precision mechanics) formerly known as Romano Abele, in 2010.

Fonderie Mora Gavardo Spa (cast iron casting) joined the Group in 2011.



A view in detail of the evolution of the group from 1964 to today