Attention to the Environment
The Group believes that the protection of the environment is of fundamental importance.
Compliance with the regulations is unconditional as the Group is committed to preservation of the environment and its natural resources.
In 2010 evidence of this commitment was demonstrated with the installation of several photovoltaic generation systems.
As a result of these thousands of solar panels, which have been installed on the production plants of Camozzi, more than 4.4MWp of clean energy will be generated per year by the end of 2011.
- power rating of 1237.5KWp
- minimum of 1,393,425 KWh to be generated per annum
- 118,400 solar panels, which were made in the USA, are controlled by 70 Siemens PVM Series inverters.
- a net area of 13,000m2
- 119.8 TEP (tons of oil equivalent) saved
- 898.8 barrels of oil saved
- 144,916 cubic meters of natural gas saved
- Reduced carbon dioxide emissions by 905,726kg. The scale of the saving is illustrated by the fact that 16,468 10 year old poplar trees, covering an area of 55 hectors, would be required to absorb this amount of carbon dioxide through natural processes.
Additional environmentally friendly projects are also planned at Innse Berardi where nearly 680.4KWp will be generated using solar monocrystalline panels. A further 0.5MWp will also be generated at Marzoli and Newton. Two other planned projects will supply a total of 1.8MWp of energy to Innse Milano, Marzoli Foundry and Campress.
These projects, which utilise the latest technologies available, illustrate how energy can be produced in an efficient manner without endangering the environment.